Location: Burr Ridge, IL
The ideal candidate will be well organized and comfortable dealing with financial data. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the accounts payable and receivable, processing payroll and conducting other tasks related to finance. They should be excellent at recording data and have an ability to product clear financial reports.
• Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
• Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
• Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
• Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
• Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
• Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
• Maintains historical records by filing documents.
• Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Developing Standards
• Analyzing Information
• Dealing with Complexity
• Reporting Research Results
• Data Entry Skills
• SFAS Rules
• Attention to Detail
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
• CPA is a plus
• Previous bookkeeping experience preferred
• Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
• Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
• Maintaining historical records
• Paying vendors by scheduling pay checks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding finance
• Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports
• Continuing to improve the payment process